Hi everyone! I hope you’re all doing well & happy like me today!
I am soooo sooo excited to share this recipe with you today & I hope you will all love it as much as I do!
Firstly, I was never big on brownies, not because they did not taste good but because of the amount of sugar and the high caloric content! However this recipe I am sharing with you today is guilt-free and therefore I am definitely making these more regularly and for many other reasons, including:
- They are guilt-free
- Low in sugar (ONLY 2 tablespoons! And no this is not for one person they serve 12 people (or more if you cut them into smaller slices!!!!) 🙂
- They are vegan friendly (if you use dairy free chocolate)
- The ingredients are simple and I bet you have all of them in your cupboard right now, except the secret ingredient! 😉
- & just absolutely 100% DELICIOUS you’ll start dancing if you’re anything like me! 😉
- Anything else?!! They are home-made! 😉
Okay so let me start by telling you about the secret ingredient and you won’t believe what it is! BLACK BEANS! No seriously black beans, did I put you off?!! Please don’t leave yet, give these a go before judging me & trust me when I say they are soo sooo yummy and they look and taste just like brownies sold in Starbucks!
So let’s just get right into it…
What you will need (ingredients in grams and cups from now on!) 🙂
- 1 ½ cups (1 can = 240g drained) black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ cup (45g) oats (pure or regular will work) I use gluten free ones!
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (100g) Maple syrup – use agave if you’re vegan J
- ¼ (85g) coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ Teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 (100g) cup chocolate chips (use vegan ones if you’re vegan) 🙂
- Place all ingredients in food processor except the chocolate chips
- Blend till all ingredients combined
- Place baking sheet on the tray before pouring the mixture
- Add the chocolate chips and mix using a spoon!
- Bake for 20-25mintes or until the inside is cooked
- Take out and cut into slices –mine were cut into 12 slices J
- If you like them gooey have them warm otherwise wait till they cool down
Hope you guys love this recipe, they honestly look and taste like any other brownies, no one else will know they are made of black beans 😉
By the way I added the recipe to my fitness pal app and if you cut them into 12 slices that is = 107cal or 16 slices = 80cal only!
Starbucks brownies are 410caloies!! You can have 5 of these if you want ..
Anyways let me know what you guys think 🙂 do like the post and follow for future healthy recipes …
Follow my Instagram = foodi.4.life for daily inspirations
My snapchat = arwaali5 to see me cooking
& my original Instagram = x.arwa.x if you want to stalk me 😉