Morning everyone! Today I thought I would write about the beautiful Moon. Since we are currently in eclipse season and there is a New Moon tomorrow, Saturday 11th August 2018, I thought I would share with you what I’ve learnt so far about this magical thing called Moon 🙂
Firstly, I would like to say that I believe the moon affects us all, especially females. Just like the moon females also go through different phases each month. Maybe this is why the moon is seen as feminine. The moon represents the rhythm of the time. It also symbolizes immortality, eternity, enlightenment, the soul, the darker side of nature (dark doesn’t necessarily mean bad here).
If you haven’t read my earlier posts about the fours phases of a woman’s cycle check it out here 🙂
Let’s start with interesting facts about the moon 🙂
Some interesting facts (or my beliefs) about the Moon:
The Moon rules the subconscious. For instance in astrology, your moon sign controls your entire subconscious. Whereas your star sign rules over your day-to-day mannerisms, your moon sign is your soul.
In its shadows we see our own shadows. This might be why some experience intense emotions around the full moon. It brings out what has been repressed. When there is a full Moon, the frequencies are much more active and so there is a heightened activity & intensity
Every phase of the moon has its own special energy & magic. For example,
- New moon = Dark, New beginnings, birthing. It’s a good time to set intentions for what you wish to grow. The energy from a New moon to a full Moon gradually builds in strength and intensity, so it is a great time to set intentions & watch them manifest.
- Full Moon: illuminated by direct sunlight, represents transformation completion & abundance. It’s a good time for guidance, healing, magic, positive intentions, improving your psychic abilities. The evening before a full Moon is a perfect time for recharging your energy. This is a good time for recharging your energy crystals, oracle cards & release what no longer serves you.
Speaking of crystals, an excellent stone for this is Moon stone. It’s great for new beginning, inner growth & strength. Soothes emotional stability, stress & stabilizes emotions, providing calmness & intuition.
How many phases of the moon are there and what are they called? (See Image above)
There are eight different phases that an observer on Earth would see during one month. They are: New Moon, New Crescent, First Quarter, New Gibbous, Full Moon, Old Gibbous, Last Quarter and Old Crescent.
How does the moon affect the Earth’s weather?
The moon DOES affect weather but not significantly. Just like it affects ocean tides, it affects the atmosphere in a similiar way. When the moon is full or new for example, it creates a “bulge” in an ocean, which is why we have tides. This is due to the combined gravitational pull of the moon and the Sun.
Are woman’s periods linked to the moon?
By nature, women are lunar. It’s no coincidence that the length of our menstrual cycles are synced up with the waxing and waning of the moon, occurring around every 28 days. If we are synced up with the moon’s cycle, we will menstruate around the new moon and ovulate around the full moon.
My previous posts about woman’s menstrual cycle:
If we are in sync we would menstruate around the New moon & Ovulate around the full moon
- New Moon = rest = turn inward
- Full Moon = Ovulation = Get out
Why would you want to sync with the moon?
You don’t have to. But wouldn’t you want to be in sync, go with the current & nature. There is something beautiful about that 🙂 i think so…. Your life will also go smoother and easier.
Does it mean anything if I bleed on a full moon or new moon?
There is no correct time or better time to bleed. Just let your cycle flow and make sure it’s healthy. However there have been two menstruation patterns addressed. “White Moon” bleeding, or menstruating with the new moon and ovulating with the full moon, and “Red Moon” menstruation, which is bleeding with the full moon and becoming fertile with the new moon.
Now let’s also address some myths & theories made about the moon:
- Full moon makes you crazy
- Aliens inhabit the moon
- The moon was installed by aliens to control us
- The moon controls fertility
- The moon landing was fake
- Pregnant woman shouldn’t look up at the moon during a full moon night
The above are just some of the things i and maybe you have heard about the moon, I did believe in some before but I don’t think so ! lol
I will leave it here and talk more in details in a future posts.
I will link some useful links in regards to the different phases of the moon & how you can use the power of the New moon & Full Moon to your advantage:
- Rituals: http://www.nataliakuna.com/moon-cycles–meanings.html
- Calendar: https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/china/shanghai
- Phases: https://www.astrograph.com/learning-astrology/phases.php
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and found it interesting 🙂
Lots of love,